- Attach the applicator (stick with the foam tip) to the handle as shown. Firmly press the stick into the opening in the middle of the handle.
- Place the aerosol can firmly on a table or other sturdy surface. Caution! Do not hold the spray can near your face, or over parts of your body or clothing.
- Insert the handle, with the applicator attached, into the top of the canister. Line up notches in handle with the openings in the top of the canister.
- Keeping the canister upright and holding the canister firmly with one hand, press the handle downward until you hear a hissing sound. Continue to hold down for 2 to 3 seconds to saturate the applicator. You will hear a hissing sound for the entire period.
- Remove the handle with the attached applicator from the canister. Wait 30 seconds. The foam applicator should be saturated with cold liquid and have a frosty appearance. You may also smell some dimethyl ether.
- Lightly press the foam applicator for several seconds on the wart that is to be frozen. Do not swab. Compound W Freeze Off® should be applied immediately. Hold the foam applicator on common warts for 20 seconds or less. Smaller warts may require less than 20 seconds.
- When treating warts on the top of fingers and toes, slowly move the fingers or toes will administering treatment. There will be an aching, itching, or stinging sensation during treatment.
- Discard the foam applicator after a single use, taking care not to touch the foam applicator with bare hands, to ensure that re-infection with the wart virus does not occur. Wash hands after treatment.
Download PDF of instructions